Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lily Grace's official birthday

Well Lily Grace officially turned 4 yrs. old yesterday! I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday a was sitting in that bed in C-dale for 7 1/2 weeks on bed rest! I was so scared and God was AGAIN so good to us! I delivered a very healthy 5lb. 8 oz., 19 in. baby girl at 7:31 p.m. in Memphis, TN. They did the c-section SO fast that Ryan and I were only people there when we had her. Everyone made in the next few hours. I remember Ryan talking to Wendy on the phone saying, "yeah there are going to do a c-section tonight so.." then Wendy said well like when do you think they will do it...Ryan turns to the nurse to ask and she says, "she is about to get her epidural so in the next 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT???????????? 15 MIN??????? yeah needless to say they didn't make it in 15 min.

She was so beautiful and Ryan and I were both overwhemled with joy....and alittle bit of fear too! We are truly SOOO blessed! Lily Grace has made us smile, laugh, cry and love like we never knew we could love a little life since that Friday, July 30, 2004. Thank you GOD for this little girl! WE love you soo much Lily Grace! I even love the attitude, bossiness, chatty, messy side of you....but then again with out those things you wouldn't be you. God has also blessed Lily Grace with an unbelievably kind and loving heart. She truly does LOVE like few children her age do...or at least she shows and tells how much she loves everyone. We love you!

2 comments:

The Beidleman's said...

She is precious and has grown so much over the past 2 years. Love watching your babies grow.
Leah

Catherine, Brian, Hattie and Lilly Daniels Hicks said...

She is so precious! Your family is adorable.