Thursday, July 30, 2009


My Birthday Girl! I know that I say this every year, but it truly is hard to believe that my sweet little baby girl is now 5 yrs. old! I can remeber this day 5 yrs. ago just like it was yesterday. It was a Friday. I remember the weather was A LOT like it is right now..very stormy! So much so that Ryan really wanted to "skip out" on the appointment all together since we were to be induced the following Monday but there was just something telling me that we needed to keep our appointment and not turn around and head back to Clarksdale. We had to pull into a gas station in Tunica on the way to Memphis for a while because the weather was soo bad. It had been a HARD 7 1/2 weeks! My doctor put me on strict bed rest at 30 weeks and it was almost over. Praise the Lord! So when we got to Memphis for our second apt. that week..I had to go the doctor twice and week for almost 8 weeks while on strict bed rest..Anyway, My blood pressure was extremely high.. Even worse than usual so we headed straight over to the hospital. They admitted us at around 6:00 or so..waited to see what Dr. Lynn said since she was the on call dr. They told us that she was going to do an emergency C-section and you should have seen my bp after she told me that. I remeber Ryan being on the phone with Wendy telling her what was going on..he said" Yes, she is having the baby tonight so yall just come whenever you can"..then I heard.."oh, no I am sure it will be a few hours." Nurse chimes in, "umm sir she is about to get her epidural and go straight to the O. R. it will be more like 30 min. until the baby is born. WHAT?? 30 minutes??? OMG! It was just Ryan, LG and I for a few hours that night..but they were great! Lily Grace we love you soo much and thank you Lord for blessing us with her!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jetb@tds.net said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Lily Grace! We love you cute girl!!
Jim and Jane

Courtney and Jason G. said...

she has such a sweet face! looks so much like her pretty mom.