Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Independence Day

Well..it's a week late but oh well. Happy Birthday America! How blessed we are to live in such a wonderful country! Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying that we don't have our problems but we are SOOOO BLESSED to live in a country where we have FREEDOM! Freedom to follow Christ with all of our hearts!! That is so huge! Just think of our fellow man living in Communist countries where it's ILLEGAL to worship Jesus Christ. We totally take that freedom for granted and unfortunately we(I) have to celebrate a terrific holiday to be reminded of this. I get to travel to our family's lake house on a beautiful lake fully equipped with all of the modern day necessities/amenities, more food, drinks, family, great fellowship, boat rides, food, food , more food and fireworks...oh I forgot a band on a barge at the sandbar. I know, ridiculous!

I just know that there are so many who are risking their lives right now in countries like China (among others) just by reading a bible or speaking the gospel. WE ARE SO BLESSED! Let us all be reminded of this not just on big, fun, patriotic holidays like Independence Day but everyday!

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice! Phillipians 4:4

0 comments: